Friday 27 February 2009

Bristol to Berlin "B-Day Landings"

Planning the trip has certain logistic elements - like where to aim for each day and most recently, where to cross the channel!

I wanted to go to Oostende but turns out the ferry company doesn't take foot passengers. How odd? I can't think of a reason why ... they could get a few quid and I wouldn't take up any space!

An evening spent on Google maps plotting my route (Gmaps pedomoter - thanks for the info Calum) has largely been wasted as I now have to piece together a route from my new ferry destination "Dunkerque".

I'm now going from Bristol to Dover and then crossing via the channel to Dunkerque. Then forward to Arnhem and over the border into Germany and on to Berlin. As far as I can tell I'm practically retracing the Normandy landings! Maybe I'll have to paint the bike olive green and put on a tin hat?

No comments: