Friday 27 February 2009

Bristol - Berlin : Training Diary



Nick and Graeme look after my bike during our local 'tour de cafe stops'

Thank god for milder weather
- it has meant that I can get back on my bike and ride again.

Last weekened involved a Saturday morning "training ride" - meeting up for a mountain bike ride with Nick (coffee-stop in the Centre) and then Graeme (got a puncture and then we stopped for tea / bacon roll in Ashton Court) .. Stunning weather .. dry(ish) trails and plenty of cakes and beverages - probably no more than three hours out riding.

Sunday was a morning "training ride" out to a cafe stop in Chew Valley in the company of the worlds smallest fixed-gear club! Sociable, good weather and toasted tea cakes - was out for about 4 hours but not sure about the distance - probably only about 40 miles?

Will have to up the mileage over the next four weeks - I need to be certain that I'm good for 100 miles with luggage!

No comments: