Sunday 29 March 2009

Bristol - Berlin : Training Diary


The view of Chew Valley from the Mendip Hills


A pain in the neck

A busy week meant just one evening ride and some sessions at the gym. I've been suffering a bit in my shoulder from a combination of riding and sitting at the computer all day. The gym has been all yoga and stretching to try and free things up.

I got a nice surprise when the Terrence Higgins Trust organised a massage session out of the blue.

Oh to be wealthy, it's one luxury that I would be hooked on!

Publicity!

The Bristol Evening Post is going to take a picture on Monday and I'm hoping they will feature the ride. A bit of publicity, especially for the Terrence Higgins Trust wil be great. I had a letter in the week from the THT about the fund raising, It's sad that they say "HIV is not a popular cause".

I managed to get a 50+ mile ride in on Sunday down to Cheddar. Amazing weather again and a wonderful traffic free whizz down the Gorge. Most of the visitors had gone by early evening so the car parks were mostly empty and the roads free of people and cars which can make the final twists on the Gorge road "interesting".

There are families of goats that live on the slopes of the Gorge that were ambling about on the road when I arrived.

It does seem a shame that the foot of such a towering natural wonder is lined with car parks. It's like Stonehenge - the drama of the location almost completely lost through provision of somewhere to stick a load of coaches and bloody cars.

OK .. I'm off my soap-box now!

No comments: