Friday 23 January 2009

Bristol to Berlin by Bicycle - Bike Geek Info

In case anyone is the least bit interested, I've been pimping my ride to get it all nice and comfy for Berlin.

The bike I'm using has been my daily ride for some time so I know it, trust it and kind of love it!

I'll stick some pictures up, but in the meantime here's the low down:

  • Cotic 'RoadRat' steel road frame
  • Mavic A719 touring rims
  • Schawalbe marathon plus tyres
  • Up front: Schmidt dynamo hub connected to a Solidlights LED dynamo light
  • Out back: Goldtech track hub with a 17 tooth fixed cog
  • Stronglight 165mm cranks (44t)
  • Shimano XTR pedals
  • Chris King headset
  • Bontrager oversize carbon road bars (ergonomic profile)
  • Bontrager carbon seat post
  • Brooks swift (titanium )saddle
  • Shimano v-brake (front only)
  • Superlight BMX chain
  • Tubus rack
  • Mudgaurds
  • German "Pit Lock" security kit (burn in hell, bike thieves!)

No comments: